Olympus FE4010. My temporal lover.


After a hard and gruelling struggle for the sake of seeking the best, frugal, economical, handy camera which can give the most out of everything, finally I purchased Olympus FE4010 digicam.

Long before the hunt started, I had bumped into many other digicams which are equally qualified to be my lover. The inclination to get a DSLR has always been there, but not for this moment. I need a handy one, which I can carry with me 24/7 without occupying much of my pocket space. So the Ultra Compact series is the best one. Enough. Scope downsized.

Now, the brand. HOLY SHIT to the branding world. You made my life tougher and rugged. I wonder who was the first man to come out with branding and stuff. Swear to god, Sony gadgets have the slickest looks after all but then what with the looks? Besides "it's Sony dude" line shouldn't come across at the very moment as it foolishly gulls you. Well, Sony has been settling at the top of the chart for years, and surprisingly the plainspoken fact coming from the Sen (electronic company's name) guy had really freshened my eyeballs.

"Sony camera not good ma, u get less from every penny u spend. Plus the features like editing here is just a stale useless"

My scope was downsized even more. All what left were Lumix and Olympus. Simply, Lumix is highly recommended camera in many camera reviews, with all splendid features and the most valuable for money. The only problem for now is my remote hometown Sibu where less choices and selections of goods are offered. Only two ugly Lumix on display. Suddenly something shone across my eyeballs. Its Olympus, very sleek in look without compromising the features. "Quality never goes out of style" is the suitable shibboleth now. Yeah, this is what I need. Mission accomplished! =)


It features:
- Super Wide Angle 26mm
- Slim 4x Optical Zoom (26mm - 104mm)
- AF Tracking Mode
- Magic Filter
- 12.0 Megapixels
- Intelligent Auto
- Digital Image Stabilization
- Face Detection


Ps- Sadly my mom picked the pink one for me. Colour is immaterial for now I can say. =)

6 comments:

Nat Loh said...

what's the verdict? do you like this camera?

Matt said...

Hi, always have this camera, dark grey one. What price you got? Mine is rm600 plus 8gb sd card. just curious if mine is overpriced or not.

Nat Loh said...

is that Chinese RMB? I'm in the States so you are probably guaranteed a better price. So I take it you like this camera very much.

Manusia said...

Hey guys.I got this for MYR670 (price inclusive of 8gb sd card, camera pouch, mini tripod, calculator, keychains). Damn it. I got the bad deal. Poor me, envy you Matt. So far its been good. But the shots are not sharp as what I wish it can be. I give it 7 out of 10 Nat.

Manusia said...

By the way, MYR is Malaysian Ringgit. So its roughly USD300++ for your currency.

Matt said...

hi Manusia,
i bought this camera online, cheaper :)
in retail stores, the price is like that.
anyway, i satisfied with this camera, can give 8 out of 10.
it has all that i need, slim body, super macro mode, wide screen output and acceptable 4x optical zoom and also rechargeable Li battery included + charger,that is the main advantage compared to AA battery based camera.